Monday, August 22, 2011

I Learnt That.

Assalamualaikum

I think the hardest thing in my life so far is that I m trying/learning to be a doctor. The learning process is undeniable a challenge that you must face, then when I give it a thought, it wasn't just the process, but also the responsibility that you hold when somebody's life is in your hand.

This early morning, I never thought that I would be thinking like this, not until my father told me something that scared me the most. When he was younger, he was admitted to hospital. There was a little boy who was talking and laughing happily with his friends right in front of my father's bed. Then, a MO (Medical Officer) came and gave him (the boy) a medication. Right after the medication injection, the boy was unconscious. There were doctors running back and forth to save the boy but he ended died.

The way my father described it, if only the MO didn't come to give the injection because the boy was laughing with his friends so happily..

That scared me. How somebody put their life in your hand and you end up fail. It is ok for you to fail but to the one that betting for life and death, it wasn't a game.

I believe that MO really did his best to improve the boy condition but the unexpected thing did happen. I don't know what was wrong actually because my father did not know either. Hee.

And I was thinking, if the boy was alive maybe he will a father or even a grandfather just like my father is.



P/S= You know, you can feel it when someone who is very dear to you are leaving. It's called a hunch.

No comments: